Monday 21 January 2008

Let it hit 'em

Why do people ask "who are you?" on communities and sites like that?

I have a presentation of myself where it states my age, my sexual orientation (on QX, because it's a community for homo-, trans- and bisexual people), where I live, what I seek (in terms of what people do I seek) and I have written a presentation where I shortly inform how my friends probably would describe me as a person, then I've written about some of my interests plus that I am an instructor in BODYCOMBAT, about my music and finally I have also linked to my blog, to my "bilddagboken.se" site and a YouTube-video where I and two friends recorded a not-so-serious commercial movie once. I have about 5-6 pictures of myself and I am a member of about 20 clubs. Enough, right? No. Cause there's also a little feature called "Show Facts" that one can click and there I have stated:

My origin - I'm north European.
Profession - I'm a student, studying culture/media.
Constitution - 169 cm, athletic, hair
Hair - short cut, brown, untidy
Eyes - blue, no glasses
Facial hair - smooth
Headwear - none
Clothing style - jeans, skater/street, sporty, vest
Openness - everybody knows
Faith - atheist
Child/parenting - want to have child/children, don't want child/children
Personality - romantic, curious, faithful, happy, mischievous, impulsive, intellectual, philosophical, dramatic, mean, crazy, honest, caring, cuddly, kind, adventurous, mature, shy, humble and negligent
Music - pop/rock, hard rock, punk/protest/alternative, techno/house/dance
Forms of art - films/video/dvd, photo, drawing/cartoons
Scenes - film festival, concert/music festival
Nightlife - café, restaurant, pride/festival, cruising, amusement park
Like to do - watch tv/film, travel, surf on the internet, games, sport/athletics, pets, create music, create art, shopping, take walks
Interests - fashion, health, technique/computing, history/archeology, media, design/architecture, language

... AND YET .....

People ask: "who are you?"
.

I'm speechless.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So this means you're... you? ;)