Wednesday 12 December 2007

Party people

So Clubland X-treme Hardcore 4 has been out for a while and my, my what an excellent compilation it is! The previous installment in the series was really bad (except for a few songs) while the two first were freaking awesome and the latest one really is on-par with the them. Volume three was just really weird - it had uninspiring and bland sounds, it wasn't catchy at all. While CXH4 still has SOME of those boring tunes it still has ten times more top choons - the moment I heard Paradise & Dreams by Ultrabeat vs Darren Styles I was HOOKED! It may sound a tiny, wee bit boybandish in the lyrics and vocals but I love it to bits. I adore the lyrics, the vocals and the lead (or melody as some would say)... Excellent and hugely uplifting track!! Shortly after comes Wii Go Crazy by Dougal & Gammer and that tune is BRILLIANT because it samples a 8-bits melody (think 8-bits Nintendo console) and being a fan of such blippy noise I fell in love at once!

Breeze's CD is great, too, especially You & Me (Breeze Mix) by SHM and even though I hate to admit it (since I'm usually not a fan of electronic remakes of old classics), the remake of Bryan Adam's ol' Heaven is bloody great too! But Breeze's mix is a victim of the bad sound of CXH3 thanks to a couple of tracks, a good example being Save The Rave (by Re-Con) - incredibly tedious and horrible track. What is up with Re-Con lately? I used to love his tracks but the last two years he's just been churning out absolutely crap tunes (with the odd exception)... I don't know what he is trying to achieve.

Hixxy's CD is disappointing, only a few good songs on there. Also getting a lot of CXH3 vibes from this CD. Perfect World by Hixxy is saved by the amazing vocals and lyrics, if not for them I would never listen to it. The song works just because I want to hear those vocals, I don't like the lead so much. And then they have butchered Love Comes by throwing out a so called "Version 1.1" of it. The original track is fucking awesome, ESPECIALLY the distorted kick-drum part, but I can't listen to Version 1.1. They even removed the distorted part. Bleh. Just bleh. Well, at least I can still listen to the old version if I want to and I will!

I have also noticed that acoustic and electric guitars have been used frequently in the new tracks of CXH4. What's up with that? Not complaining, I love most of those tracks, but how come? Rock UK Hardcore. :P

Anyhow; weeee for CXH4!