Wednesday 26 December 2007

Merry-go-round

Choices. Why do choices exist?

I don't know what I should do. I have thought about this and talked some more to Emelie about it (thanks again, honey pot <3) and I think I have to do something about it now. Like talk about it, to him. Tell him what I feel and man, it's so hard. I thought I was gonna cry when it sank into me that I really have to tell him. I'm about to cry now. God damn it! He is next to perfect so why does it have to be like this? He's loving, he's nice, he's cozy. But other than having a loving personality, there isn't much we have in common. He's like the complete opposite of me and I don't think I am able to suck it up.
The biggest issue I have is alcohol consumption - I've never been a fan of alcohol and I can accept if people like to drink, but if I am to be together with somebody I wouldn't like it if he went out every weekend and drank until he couldn't walk straight. Once or twice a month would be totally OK for me (I mean, for my partner), at a moderate amount of booze everytime. Not the teenyboppish "drink 'til you drop"-style. I have a really hard time accepting this, and I know it pisses many people off, friends included, and they think I am being silly, but I had a tough childhood that has led me onto this path and I can't help it. It is a big issue because many people like to drink so I am severely limited in my options.

Another issue that really shows how opposite we are in our life styles is that I love to workout and he mainly likes to just slack and having excess amounts of junk food. It means that lots of fat is gained and other unhealthy conditions have a big chance of striking. I just wouldn't be able to live with somebody who never ever workout and by workout I mean being active at least once a week for minimum one hour - I don't care what it is, be it jogging, skipping, BODYCOMBAT, BODYPUMP, weight training, a sport, treadmill, dancing or whatever! It's just how I am...

He has chosen his life style, I have chosen mine. We all have different goals, demands, priorities, whatnot in life. You just have to find someone with similar goals and style. Believe me, I don't want to leave him because he is so sweet and loving and it hurts me so much that the situation is like it is. Here comes the tears again...

Fuck life!!

No comments: